Welcome to my worlds!

I'm James Maxey, author of fantasy and science fiction. My novels include the science fantasy Bitterwood Saga (4 books) the Dragon Apocalypse Saga (4 books), numerous superhero novels including Nobody Gets the Girl and the Lawless series, the steampunk Oz sequel Bad Wizard, and my short story collections, There is No Wheel and Jagged Gate. This website is focused exclusively on writing. At my second blog, Jawbone of an Ass, I ramble through any random topic that springs to mind, occasionally touching on religion and politics and other subjects polite people are sensible enough not to discuss in public. If you'd like to get monthly updates on new releases, as well as preview chapters and free short stories, join my newsletter!




Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Jake Urry returns! Hush is coming to Audible early next year!

Today I can reveal the real reason I decided to have Bridgit Connell update my covers for GREATSHADOW and HUSH instead of working with her on one of my upcoming books. The same week I met Bridgit, I heard from Jake Urry that he was going to be able to add HUSH to his recording schedule. If you haven't yet heard Jake's performance on GREATSHADOW, you're missing out on a truly satisfying audiobook experience. GREATSHADOW is a demanding book for any audio performer, blending high adventure and high comedy, and shifting between passages of philosophical ruminations on the meaning of truth into crude jokes about bodily functions. Jake tackles it all with style. I've heard his early chapters of HUSH and can report this is going to be another audio masterpiece.

Learning that Jake Urry would return for HUSH made me realize that his great readings deserved a great new cover. Behold! Bridgit's cover formatted for audio!


HUSH should be ready for download early next year. I'll keep posting news here, but an even better way to get the news is to sign up for my newsletter! Just use the contact form on this page to drop me a line.

Tomorrow, I'll reveal the new GREATSHADOW audio cover and a great offer on how to get the chance to listen to it for free. But, if you're an Audible subscriber and already have credits, why wait? Grab the book today!

No comments: