Welcome to my worlds!

I'm James Maxey, author of fantasy and science fiction. My novels include the science fantasy Bitterwood Saga (4 books) the Dragon Apocalypse Saga (4 books), numerous superhero novels including Nobody Gets the Girl and the Lawless series, the steampunk Oz sequel Bad Wizard, and my short story collections, There is No Wheel and Jagged Gate. This website is focused exclusively on writing. At my second blog, Jawbone of an Ass, I ramble through any random topic that springs to mind, occasionally touching on religion and politics and other subjects polite people are sensible enough not to discuss in public. If you'd like to get monthly updates on new releases, as well as preview chapters and free short stories, join my newsletter!




Monday, October 6, 2008

Young Heroes in Love!

Robo-Bobo got up bright and early this morning to draw a name from one of the many, many entries to the Nobody Gets the Girl give-away. Our first winner is...

Lynette Mejia!

A book is heading your way, Lynette!

Next... haiku. Back in May June, when this blog did dragon-haiku, I had a respectable turnout of twenty some poems. This time, after author Mur Lafferty, of Playing for Keeps fame, announced this contest on her blog, I got twenty haiku in a single day! I'm dividing them up thematically and will be presenting them in little mini anthologies throughout the month.

We'll launch with a handful of poems about the love lives of our masked avengers I'm calling:

Young Superheroes in Love

Hand in frozen hand,
you never saw me smile when
the freeze ray caught us
--Zach Wellhouse

He flies off again
Leaving the girl alone, sigh,
Always flies away.
--Liz Tetley

dating a hero:
not all it's cracked up to be
watch out for fridges
--Mingyun Jack

ebon darkness falls
on the girl nobody got
void only remains
--Stephen James

big man with tight shorts
born with speed and strength
he must mask his love
--Thom Allen

Finally, a plug for a the Ghost in the Machine podcast of fellow author Gail Z. Martin, author of the Summoner and the Blood King. Gail interviewed me for her podcast last spring and the episode just went live. You can find out what I sound like by clicking here.

No comments: