Welcome to my worlds!

I'm James Maxey, author of fantasy and science fiction. My novels include the science fantasy Bitterwood Saga (4 books) the Dragon Apocalypse Saga (4 books), numerous superhero novels including Nobody Gets the Girl and the Lawless series, the steampunk Oz sequel Bad Wizard, and my short story collections, There is No Wheel and Jagged Gate. This website is focused exclusively on writing. At my second blog, Jawbone of an Ass, I ramble through any random topic that springs to mind, occasionally touching on religion and politics and other subjects polite people are sensible enough not to discuss in public. If you'd like to get monthly updates on new releases, as well as preview chapters and free short stories, join my newsletter!




Friday, April 8, 2011

Creative Process Interview + Ravencon Starts Today!

First news: Maya Lassiter, a writer who attended Orson Scott Card's Writer's Boot Camp with me ten years ago, has recently been interviewing writers about their creative processes. Where and when do you write? How much do you write at a time? Those sorts of questions. Perhaps since I've known her for a long time, I answered her questions with what may have been a little too much honesty. If you want the real deal insight into how my writing actually gets done, you can read about it at Mayaland.

Second news: I'm off to Ravencon for the weekend. I'll be on panels about ebooks, superheroes, and alien worlds, among other things. I'll also be going to Jonah Knight's concert on Saturday at 5pm, to get my latest fix of his eclectic paranormal modern folk music. If you're in Richmond, I can't think of any better way to spend this beautiful sunny weekend than to come spend hours in dimly lit hotel conference rooms talking about science and magic and books with hundreds of other geeks! That's not sarcasm, by the way. That really is my idea of a good time. What can I say? I'm a nerd. I'm comfortable in my own pale and flabby skin.

No comments: