Welcome to my worlds!

I'm James Maxey, author of fantasy and science fiction. My novels include the science fantasy Bitterwood Saga (4 books) the Dragon Apocalypse Saga (4 books), numerous superhero novels including Nobody Gets the Girl and the Lawless series, the steampunk Oz sequel Bad Wizard, and my short story collections, There is No Wheel and Jagged Gate. This website is focused exclusively on writing. At my second blog, Jawbone of an Ass, I ramble through any random topic that springs to mind, occasionally touching on religion and politics and other subjects polite people are sensible enough not to discuss in public. If you'd like to get monthly updates on new releases, as well as preview chapters and free short stories, join my newsletter!




Friday, December 18, 2009

More Free Fiction! Greatshadow update!

A do a book review column at IGMS, and in my last column I reviewed a book called Servant of a Dark God by John Brown. John is now providing me with three free copies of the book to give away to readers. Alas, unlike the Shimmer giveaway, I've been asked to restrict this drawing to US residents. You can read the review here, and enter the contest simply by sending me an email to nobodynovelwriter (at) yahoo.com with the header "Dark God Giveaway." I'll draw names on January 1. Good luck!

It been a while since I gave an update on my Greatshadow progress. I've mailed out eleven chapters to wise-readers so far, and this morning I finished the draft of chapter 13 and am primed to plunge into 14. With a forecast of snow here this weekend, I should be able to execute the butt-in-chair writing magic and finish chapter 14 easily, and 15 if I push a little, taking me safely past the 2/3 mark of completion. The odds that I'll actually finish the draft before January 1 are a bit iffy, however. I'll be logging too many miles visiting loved ones around Christmas; butt-in-driver's-seat is sort of an anti-butt-in-chair. Still, I feel good that by this time next month I'll be able to say to the world, "I am James Maxey, writer of books! Look upon Greatshadow, ye mighty, and despair!" Serously, I do this after everything I write. I just climb right up on the roof and shout it out. Hopefully the snow will be gone by then. I'd hate to slip.

No comments: