Welcome to my worlds!

I'm James Maxey, author of fantasy and science fiction. My novels include the science fantasy Bitterwood Saga (4 books) the Dragon Apocalypse Saga (4 books), numerous superhero novels including Nobody Gets the Girl and the Lawless series, the steampunk Oz sequel Bad Wizard, and my short story collections, There is No Wheel and Jagged Gate. This website is focused exclusively on writing. At my second blog, Jawbone of an Ass, I ramble through any random topic that springs to mind, occasionally touching on religion and politics and other subjects polite people are sensible enough not to discuss in public. If you'd like to get monthly updates on new releases, as well as preview chapters and free short stories, join my newsletter!




Sunday, April 2, 2017

Covenant V2 progress: Six more chapters!

Six more chapters done this week. That's 12 done, on a book with 36 chapters, so progress is moving at a nice clip. If I have one critique of my own story it's that, as a team book, I feel like the story is currently somewhat fragmented. All the characters have their arcs, but I keep jumping between all the team members and I'm worried that the motivations for individual characters might be getting muddied as characters step in and out of the spot light. But, I'm working on this in fragments, focusing intently on small segments. I'm hoping that when I finally read the book as a coherent whole, it will flow smoothly.

Another update next Sunday!

No comments: