Welcome to my worlds!

I'm James Maxey, author of fantasy and science fiction. My novels include the science fantasy Bitterwood Saga (4 books) the Dragon Apocalypse Saga (4 books), numerous superhero novels including Nobody Gets the Girl and the Lawless series, the steampunk Oz sequel Bad Wizard, and my short story collections, There is No Wheel and Jagged Gate. This website is focused exclusively on writing. At my second blog, Jawbone of an Ass, I ramble through any random topic that springs to mind, occasionally touching on religion and politics and other subjects polite people are sensible enough not to discuss in public. If you'd like to get monthly updates on new releases, as well as preview chapters and free short stories, join my newsletter!




Sunday, January 6, 2013

Tornado of Sparks now available on Nook!

Nook readers, I'm pleased to announce the Nook publication of Tornado of Sparks! This is a prequel to Bitterwood, a short story set 15 years before the main plot of the first book. It's the tale of the wizard dragon Vendevorex when he first comes to the court of Albekizan. His mysterious powers are tested when he is ordered to kill a family of human trespassers. The repercussions of the events shown in this story echo throughout the Bitterwood Trilogy.

The story is downloadable right now, though when I checked earlier the cover still wasn't showing on the website. Hopefully that will synch up soon.

I intend to get the story onto other ebook platforms as well, though nothing else is quite as easy to use as the Kindle and Nook publishing platforms and sometimes take a while to show up. If you want to read this story and aren't using Kindle or Nook, drop me a line.

No comments: