Welcome to my worlds!

I'm James Maxey, author of fantasy and science fiction. My novels include the science fantasy Bitterwood Saga (4 books) the Dragon Apocalypse Saga (4 books), numerous superhero novels including Nobody Gets the Girl and the Lawless series, the steampunk Oz sequel Bad Wizard, and my short story collections, There is No Wheel and Jagged Gate. This website is focused exclusively on writing. At my second blog, Jawbone of an Ass, I ramble through any random topic that springs to mind, occasionally touching on religion and politics and other subjects polite people are sensible enough not to discuss in public. If you'd like to get monthly updates on new releases, as well as preview chapters and free short stories, join my newsletter!




Thursday, January 6, 2011

Milestone

What's interesting in the image above is what you don't see. This is my copyright page for Bitterwood, and about two thirds of the way down the page you see 10 9 8, etc., like a very slow text countdown of an unseen rocketship. What's significant is that the numbers 1, 2, and 3 are missing... meaning this is the 4th printing of Bitterwood! I've sold out my first three print runs! And, this is the first print run to be commissioned by the new owner of the Solaris imprint, Rebellion. I was worried that they might assume Bitterwood was at the end of it's economically viable life, that the cost of a further print run might exceed any profits to potentially be earned. I'm glad to see the calculations still swing my way. The vast majority of paperbacks in this world come and go on their first printing alone.

Next goal: Making that "4" disappear.

No comments: