Welcome to my worlds!

I'm James Maxey, author of fantasy and science fiction. My novels include the science fantasy Bitterwood Saga (4 books) the Dragon Apocalypse Saga (4 books), numerous superhero novels including Nobody Gets the Girl and the Lawless series, the steampunk Oz sequel Bad Wizard, and my short story collections, There is No Wheel and Jagged Gate. This website is focused exclusively on writing. At my second blog, Jawbone of an Ass, I ramble through any random topic that springs to mind, occasionally touching on religion and politics and other subjects polite people are sensible enough not to discuss in public. If you'd like to get monthly updates on new releases, as well as preview chapters and free short stories, join my newsletter!




Friday, June 26, 2009

Dragons take flight!

I see this morning that Amazon has changed the status on Dragonseed from "Not yet published" to "In stock," with shipping available for Monday delivery. This meshes with what I was told at Barnes and Noble earlier this week, that the book had an on-sale date in their chain of June 29. I'd love to hear from folks when they start seeing the book in stores, just so I can put to rest my phobias that the book won't be as widely distributed as the last two due to the economic downturn.

And, of course, the "Books for Breasts" campaign is still active if you'd like a signed copy of Dragonseed. After just four days, I've given away 25 books, so there's still plenty left for those who wish to support an important cause. See the links at the top of the page for more information.

Next, I just got contracts yesterday for French editions of my books! I've been sitting on this news for month. Somehow, the thought of Blasphet speaking French gives me chills.

Finally, I'd like to offer congratulations to my cover artist Michael Komarck, who this week received a nomination for a Chelsey Award for best paperback cover for Dragonforge! I really hope he wins, not just because it's the cover of one of my books, but because it really is an amazing bit of art in its own right.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I just picked up my copy of Dragonseed! After reading the first half, I concluded that Dragonseed is by far the best in the series yet. I live in a very small town and still your books manage to turn up so I think the supplies are very well spread out.

James Maxey said...

That's excellent news! Let me know what you think of the second half!

Lois Lane/Laney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angela/SciFiChick said...

Ack! I need to get back in touch with Solaris to get a copy!

James Maxey said...

Angela, your reviews of the last two books were a big help. Just email me at nobodynovelwriter at yahoo.com and I'll be glad to send you a copy. (I thought I already had your address from last year, but I can't seem to find it in my searches.)