Welcome to my worlds!

I'm James Maxey, author of fantasy and science fiction. My novels include the science fantasy Bitterwood Saga (4 books) the Dragon Apocalypse Saga (4 books), numerous superhero novels including Nobody Gets the Girl and the Lawless series, the steampunk Oz sequel Bad Wizard, and my short story collections, There is No Wheel and Jagged Gate. This website is focused exclusively on writing. At my second blog, Jawbone of an Ass, I ramble through any random topic that springs to mind, occasionally touching on religion and politics and other subjects polite people are sensible enough not to discuss in public. If you'd like to get monthly updates on new releases, as well as preview chapters and free short stories, join my newsletter!




Sunday, January 20, 2019

Week 3: 8344 Words

Missed my goal for the week. Every year, I get a flu shot and, every year, I still get the flu. It started as a scratchy throat Sunday and then three lost days where I pretty much stayed in bed around the clock. I pecked out a few words Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, but even though I started feeling good enough by yesterday to get up and get out of the house, my head still feels full of cotton. I really hope I can shake it off and get back into the game soon. Fortunately, I'd beaten my goal a little the first two weeks, so I'm still on target for the year.

Read another 150 pages or so of Roots. Past the halfway mark in the book.

Next weekend I head to Charlotte for the Charlotte Minicon. I've only got a half table, so I'm only taking dragon books, at least to display. After that, I'll be doing three days at Durham's Robotic Rodeo. My situation there is flipped and I've got more space than I usually get, so I'm planning to expand with some art offerings. More on that next week!

No comments: