Welcome to my worlds!

I'm James Maxey, author of fantasy and science fiction. My novels include the science fantasy Bitterwood Saga (4 books) the Dragon Apocalypse Saga (4 books), numerous superhero novels including Nobody Gets the Girl and the Lawless series, the steampunk Oz sequel Bad Wizard, and my short story collections, There is No Wheel and Jagged Gate. This website is focused exclusively on writing. At my second blog, Jawbone of an Ass, I ramble through any random topic that springs to mind, occasionally touching on religion and politics and other subjects polite people are sensible enough not to discuss in public. If you'd like to get monthly updates on new releases, as well as preview chapters and free short stories, join my newsletter!




Sunday, March 31, 2013

Bitterwood: The Complete Collection



Bitterwood: The Complete Collection just went live today on Amazon. (Sorry Nook users. I submitted the files to B&N at the same time but am still waiting on their approval. Maybe tomorrow.)

This omnibus edition contains all three novels of the Bitterwood Trilogy, plus:

"Tornado of Sparks," the prequel short story that first appeared in the Solaris Book of New Fantasy

Dawn of Dragons, a novel set 1000 years before the Dragon Age, following the adventures of the first dragon, a partially dead veterinarian, and a shotgun toting nun.

"Building a Better Dragon," an essay I wrote several years ago explaining the scientific underpinnings of my fantasy creations.

All this for a mere $7.99, the price of one of the original solo paperbacks. If you're one of the thousands of readers who've downloaded Bitterwood for free as an ebook, the $7.99 is still less than the $9.96 you'd pay for the other three novels plus the short story. 

If you've already purchased the Bitterwood trilogy and don't want to shell out for the collection just to read Dawn of Dragons, don't despair. My editor is making a revision to the front matter of a solo edition, but I anticipate it will be live in a day or two.

No comments: