Welcome to my worlds!

I'm James Maxey, author of fantasy and science fiction. My novels include the science fantasy Bitterwood Saga (4 books) the Dragon Apocalypse Saga (4 books), numerous superhero novels including Nobody Gets the Girl and the Lawless series, the steampunk Oz sequel Bad Wizard, and my short story collections, There is No Wheel and Jagged Gate. This website is focused exclusively on writing. At my second blog, Jawbone of an Ass, I ramble through any random topic that springs to mind, occasionally touching on religion and politics and other subjects polite people are sensible enough not to discuss in public. If you'd like to get monthly updates on new releases, as well as preview chapters and free short stories, join my newsletter!




Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Big Announcement #1

I've been hinting since January that I have big news, but have been keeping details under wraps until ink was actually on contracts.

Now, I can announce good news, part 1: I have an agent! And not just any agent, but John Berlyne with the Zeno Agency. Zeno reps some true giants in speculative fiction, folks like Ian McDonald and (in the UK) Brandon Sanderson and Charlaine Harris. John had been on my short list of most desirable agents ever since I attended World Fantasy last October. I can report that his good reputation is well-earned; from the day I contacted him he's worked to get me the best deal possible and made me feel as if he genuinely cared about my career.

Follow this link to the Zeno website to see my page there, and stay tuned: Even bigger news is coming.

3 comments:

TheyStoleFrazier'sBrain said...

Congratulations. Will he be representing you in the U.S., or in international markets only?

I've linked to Nobody Gets the Girl on my site. I don't get much traffic, but maybe I bring in a couple of new Maxey readers.

Loren Eaton said...

Congrats, James! Great news.

heresolong said...

Congratulations.